Global X has become the 9th spot Bitcoin ETF applicant in the USA along with Grayscale’s Bitcoin ETF conversion appeal and seven other US applicants, which are ArkInvest, BlackRock, Fidelity, Invesco, WisdomTree, Valkyrie, and Van Eck. It refiled the application on Fri, Aug 04, 2023.
The ETF provider has chosen (through Cboe) Coinbase as its SSA partner.
About The ETF
Currently only a few details were available from the exchange filing document. We will update this page as new information is available.
Parties to the ETF
- Global X Digital Assets is the sponsor of the Trust which is named as Global X Bitcoin Trust. The shares of the ETF are issued and traded in the name of a trust.
- The ETF will be listed on the Cboe BZX Exchange as Commodity Based ETF.
- The Cboe Exchange reached an agreement with Coinbase on June 21, 2023 which will make Coinbase an SSA of ETFs on the exchange.
- CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) will be used to track Bitcoin’s price.
- A third party US-based trust company will be the Crypto Custodian.
About Global X
Global X is New York based ETF provider with $40 Billion worth of assets under management. The asset manager issued ETF in Artificial Intelligence, Infrastructure, Consumer, Tech and several other categories. It is owned by the multinational asset manager Mirae Asset.